Forever In Our Hearts
June 30, 1927 - June 4, 2022
Earl Wilbur Stewart will be sadly missed by his loving family, wife Peggy; his children: Dana (Todd) Mandle and their children Melina (Nicolas) (Eowyn, James, Zakk and Bethany) Abraham, and Robert Mandle; Kevin (Delaine) Stewart and their children Amie (Adam) (Chayse and Zander) Staniowski, Andrew (Janet) (Hudson, Jodi, Kayli and Branson) Stewart, Aaron (Crystal) (Rilynn, Owen, Bentley and Liam) Stewart, Adam (Amy) (Isla and Troy) Stewart, and Anton Stewart; Eldon (Winnie) Stewart and their children Sonny (Cara) (Blair, Emery and Skylar) Stewart, Rick (Cassie) (Laine and Easton) Stewart and Lacey (Kyle) (Tyson, Levy and Remmi) Dyck; Murray (Bev) Stewart and their children Tyler (Claire) (Noah) Stewart, Bryce (Annie) Stewart and Kallie Stewart; stepson Keith (Pam) Worth and their children; sisters-in-law: Sharon (George) Munro, Muriel Anderson and Connie Anderson; numerous nieces, nephews, cousins, other family and many dear friends and neighbours. Earl Wilbur Stewart was predeceased by his parents Earl and Viola Stewart; son Lee Earl Stewart; first wife Melva Stewart; sister Winifred Pogmore; half sisters: Elizabeth Reynolds, Margaret Keith, Ruth Larson, Faye Spencer and Jean Thulien; brothers-in-law: William Pogmore, David Anderson and Lloyd Anderson.
The Highlites That Were Important To Wilbur
• His Heavenly Father and Jesus Christ as his Lord and Savior.
• FAMILY: wife Peggy; daughter Dana; sons: Kevin, Eldon and Murray; thirteen grandchildren and twenty-five great grandchildren.
• Getting his Pilot’s License in 1984 and flying his Cessna 182 to Tuktoyaktuk.
• Hosting Ian Tyson concert in the Performing Art’s Centre for his 80th birthday and inviting his business associates, family and friends.
• His 90th birthday at the farm and receiving the Alberta Farm and Ranch Award for 100 years of Stewart ownership of the land.
• Overreaching his goal of ten combines with his sons and grandsons to operate them.
• In the Bible, number 7 represents completion; for Wilbur, completion was having three sons to carry on the Stewart legacy of farming and ranching.
Wilbur was laid to rest on Sunday, June 12, 2022 at Byemoor Cemetery, Byemoor, Alberta. A celebration of Wilbur’s life was held Monday, June 13, 2022 at the Stettler Community Hall, Stettler, Alberta with Rev. Ross Helgeton officiating. Donations in memory of Wilbur are gratefully accepted to Samaritan’s Purse Canada, 20 Hopewell Way NE, Calgary, Alberta, T3J 5H5 or a charity of the donor’s choice.
To send condolences to the family, please visit www.stettlerfuneralhome.com
Stettler Funeral Home & Crematorium
were entrusted with the care and funeral