From the Organizational Meeting of Town Council Monday, October 31, 2016
Monday, October 31 Council held an organizational meeting before the Council Meeting.
After the Organizational meeting was held each of these members were assigned these appointments for 2016/2017:
• Mayor Terry Yemen is appointed to the Chamber of Commerce; Disaster Service Committee; Aqua 7 Steering Committee; Revitalization Corporation; Canadian Badlands Ltd, as the executive; Economic Development Task Force; and Red Deer River Municipal Users Group.
• Sharel Shoff is appointed to Revitalization Corporation, Municipal Planning Commision, Palliser Regional Municipal Services, Community Futures, Assessment Review Board, and the Economic Development Task Force.
• Patrick Kolafa is appointed to Airport Commission; Drumheller and District Solid Waste Management Association; Public Library Board, Disaster Services Committee; Canadian Badlands Ltd, as a shareholder; and the Taxi Commission.
• CAORay Romanetz is appointed to Drumheller and District Solid Waste Management Association and Aqua 7 Steering Committee.
• Tara McMillian is appointed to Valley Bus Society.
• Darryl Drohomerski is appointed to Valley Bus Society.
• Tom Zariski is appointed to Crime Stoppers, Citizens on Patrol, Drumheller and District Seniors Foundation, Municipal Planning Commission, and Heritage Steering Committee.
• Jay Garbutt is appointed to Drumheller Housing Administration; Subdivision and Development Appeal Board; Disaster Service Committee; Canadian Badlands Ltd, as a shareholder; and Taxi Commission.
• Lisa Hansen-Zacharuk is appointed to Drumheller Agriculture and Stampede Board, Subdivision and Development Appeal Board, and Assessment Review Board.
• Rod Viske is appointed as an Assessor.
• Economic Development Officer Julia Fielding is appointed to Travel Drumheller which is a new appointment this year.
• Council appointed Ryan Semchuk by secret ballot to Economic Development Task Force.
• Allen Hendricks was appointed to Municipal Planning Commission.
• Lizbeth Dube was appointed to Public Library Board. The remaining two vacancies on the Public Library Board will be advertised until they are appointed.
• Karen Ann Bertamini, Don Guidolin, and Keith Hodgson are appointed to the Subdivision and Development Appeal Board.
• Gerald Martinez and Kandace Wylie-Toews are appointed to Drumheller Housing Administration.
After the Organizational Meeting was complete and the Town of Drumheller Council Meeting was called to order Councillor Jay Garbutt was sworn in as Deputy Mayor for the months of November and December, 2016.
Director of Infrastructure Services, Darryl Drohomerski proposed and council passed a motion to reject all bids for the installation of the pool liner in order to incorporate the liner installation with the rest of the Aquaplex project with hopes of retendering the package together to find a lower bid.
All three readings were done for the amendment to Bylaw 07.14 to establish fees for the issuance of permits of overweight and over-dimensional commercial vehicles on highways under the direction, control, and management of the Town of Drumheller.