The funding for this initiative provides the staffing and support required for implementation. This includes universal and targeted programming, linkage to external services as well as training opportunities for school staff, parents, project staff and community partners to build capacity.
The key community partners in the Project REACH initiative are:
• Alberta Health Services-Addiction and Mental Health (Drumheller and Hanna Offices)
• Prairie Land Regional Division #25
• Alberta Health Services-Community Health Promotion and Prevention
• Central Alberta Child and Family Service Authority
• Starland County Family and Community Support Services
• Golden Prairie Parent Link
• Town of Hanna (FCSS/Community Services)
Along with Delia and Morrin, J.C. Charyk School and Hanna Primary School, are introducing the program. There will be a REACH Wellness Worker in each of these four schools delivering programs and services to students, their parents, staff, and the community. These community-driven, school-based projects engage students, parents, partners, and community members in the development, implementation, and progress of their projects.