The Town of Drumheller FCSS is pleased to announce that we will continue to offer the VOLUNTEER INCOME TAX PROGRAM with a few important changes:
This program will remain available for seniors and individuals with modest income and simple tax situations for the 2019 tax season.
Participants must still meet the specified income thresholds of $35,000 for single and $45,000 for couples
Unfortunately, due to the COVID-19 crisis, in-person tax clinics are no longer available. However, you can pick up a tax envelope at Freson Brothers or Riverside Value Drug Mart containing the required Revenue Canada Form 183.
1. Collect your tax envelope from Freson Brothers or Riverside Value Drug Mart
2. Complete Part A including your name, current address and phone number
3. Sign and date Part G on Form 183 – We must have your current information plus a signature in order to file your taxes (other information will be added by the tax preparer).
4. Put this form along with all tax slips into a separate envelope for each individual.
5. Seal the envelope and deposit it into the book return slot at the Drumheller Public Library.
Our generous volunteer, Bill Wulff will complete your taxes and e-file them with Revenue Canada. A paper copy of your completed return will be mailed to you. You will be contacted by phone if we need any additional information. In order for Mr. Wulff to provide this vital service, please do not contact him directly. Call Seniors Services if you have any questions at 403-823-1317.
Note that the Tax deadline has been extended to June 1st due to COVID-19 but it is still wise to submit your taxes as soon as you are able.