- Published on Saturday, 14 May 2011 01:00
- Written by © DrumhellerMail.com
George Wakaruk does not consider himself a Drumheller Hero as is the title of the article, but moreso of being a part of Drumheller heritage or even a bit of a historian. His favorite saying is that, “I have outlived the nine lives of the cat and I am now on the lives of the kittens.” He states he knows more people in the cemetery than he does of those he knows who are alive!
- Published on Thursday, 05 May 2011 01:00
- Written by Kyle Smylie
One of the most influential job titles a person can have in a community is a teacher – tasked with shaping the minds of future leaders and shakers - Ron Kenworthy has been a fixture of education in the valley for over a decade.
- Published on Saturday, 30 April 2011 01:00
- Written by Pat Kolafa | © DrumhellerMail.com
When coal was discovered in the Drumheller Valley, the rush was on for entrepreneurs and strong men to exploit the resource to fuel the country.